Some Reasons You Should Not Buy a Massage Gun:
• Be careful if you are buying a massage gun for a hard-to-reach spot or place. You may need a partner to apply the massage.
• A massage gun may not be helpful for disc herniation or sciatic.
• We would not recommend using a massage gun on your neck or head.
• We would not recommend using a massage gun for headaches.
• You should not use a massage gun over a pulse (avoid arteries near the surface.
• Generally, we would not use a massage gun over a bony surface (with some exceptions-e.g., top of the kneecap with quadricep tendonitis).
• Would not use a massage gun over your heart.
• Would be careful with a massage gun during pregnancy (not use over fetus). Generally, would not use a massage gun over bursae (small fluid-filled sacs that provide a cushion between bones and tendons and/or muscles around a joint.
• Do not use a massage gun if you have a bleeding disorder or bruise easily.
• Do not use a massage gun if you recently have had surgery unless you first check with your medical provider. Massage can move blood clots.
• Do not use a massage gun with nerve disorders, MS, epilepsy, or other nervous system disorders unless approved by your medical provider.
• Do not use a massage gun if you have open sores, your skin tears easily, or you have a skin disorder.
• Do not use a massage gun over healing fracture or healing broken bone.
Some Reasons You Might Want To Buy a Massage Gun:
• Massage guns are incredibly easy to use. You do not have to get on the floor like you do when using a foam roller.
• Many of our patients like using the massage gun better than a massage from a human.
• Massage guns do not get tired and never say no to giving you a massage.
• They can be used by most people (usually the whole family) and you can begin to treat an injury or overuse issue before it gets too serious.
• The massage guns are a great way to warm up and mobilize your muscles before workouts and sports.
• We think massage guns also work well for muscle recovery.
• Works well with muscle strains, scar tissue, and tendonitis.
• We honestly think it is one of the best gifts you can buy for someone.
This video is part of a series of videos on how to treat your pain with self-massage. Check the full series of videos along with the downloadable guide sheets for each video on our website here: https://www.bobandbrad.com/massage/
Bob & Brad's Massage Guns
Medical Disclaimer All information, content, and material on this website is for informational purposes only and are not intended to serve as a substitute for the consultation, diagnosis, and/or medical treatment of a qualified physician or healthcare provider.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Keep in mind that we may receive commissions when you click our links and make purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We are highly selective in our products and try our best to keep things fair and balanced in order to help you make the best choice for you.