100 Ways Physical Therapist Bob & Brad Have Made a Difference in People’s Lives
Updated: Oct 28
Nine years ago, Physical Therapists Bob Schrupp and Brad Heineck began a YouTube channel with the intention of sharing their knowledge on how to get fit, stay healthy, and live pain free. By providing free videos on these topics, they are able to reach people around the world who are striving to help themselves achieve these goals. The following are a few of the responses we have received from viewers. We appreciate all who take time to watch and we will continue to do our best to help as many people as possible to become healthy, fit and pain-free.
1. I did your intro song at an open mic. I got a standing ovation and everyone stood up with excellent form. Thanks guys.
2. As a 67 year old artist who sits for many hours a day, I really need such an exercise as this. I do a lot of tiny detail drawings, so am very close to my drawing surface for long periods, and get a bit slouchy and stiff after a while. I think this one exercise will help a great deal with the upper back pain I sometimes experience when I get into "that" mode of intensity and forget to straighten up enough. Thank you, gentlemen, for posting this exercise! You 2 are invaluable to our health. Great tips! & I like ur color-coordinated look today!
3. Hi Bob and Brad - you are the most famous physical therapists on the internet - in my mind especiallly. I am writing to thank you for the segments you have done on spondylolisthesis. I am an active, athletic 68 year old man. In 2014 I was diagnosed from an MRI as having “Mild, 4 mm, spondylotic spondylolisthesis is seen of L3 on L4. Otherwise normal alignment is seen.” I believe I acquired this due to prolonged sitting doing office work with poor posture and poor chairs. Six years later and my condition worsened to the point that I could only walk from the car into a store, or from the house to the mailbox. My pain manifested on the left side pelvic area and I thought I was having SI joint issues. Pain when walking but no back ache and no headaches. I will spare you the long story of everything I tried. But I will tell you that Saturday morning Sep 26, I watched your youtube clips on exercises for spondylolisthesis. Starting that day I began to do my version (not 200 reps) of Brad’s Spondylolisthesis (ADVANCED EXERCISES) for active people. O.M.Gosh Within 6 days I am now able to walk around the block with little to no pain. I will continue this program and increase my strength as I can - the payback is tremendous. I cannot express my relief and how much I am grateful to you two for the magnificent work you do as a public service. As I type this I have tears dropping down my face. Please know that your programs are extraordinarily informative and helpful. Thank you.
4. Hello! Thanks for your reply. I asked a handyman to come and see what should be done in order to embed the screws into wood, and he came up with the very easy solution of screwing the anchors directly into the closet frame that rests on the 2x4. So simple! I don’t know why it never even crossed my mind. Super solid, simple to install, very neat looking, and doesn’t deface anything. I thought of sharing this little light bulb💡... it just might come in handy for someone else. I am now enjoying your Bob&Brad anchors in the small bedroom I have converted into a mini home gym. I used to have to use the over-the-door/side-of-the-door system, but that was inconvenient as the front door to the apartment was the only door solid enough to resist the pulling. May you prosper as you keep on teaching how to stay fit. Your instructions are clear and easy to understand... and you are fun to watch and follow!I have subscribed to your channel. PS: I “accidentally “ found you by searching the internet for adequate wall anchors...but I found much more than a mere piece of equipment. Thanks again😃
5. You are the two men I most look forward to seeing throughout my week! Thank you for being so real, so raw, so helpful, so humorous (and so sharply dressed.)
6. You both are angels 😇😇on Earth saving many people who are suffering with severe pain n hell👍❤️❤️❤️. Thank you so much!
7. Hi Bob and Brad. I just wanted to tell you how much I like and respect your videos. I’ve been watching on YouTube for quite a while. I am a licensed massage therapist who often refers my clients to your videos. Thanks for what you do. Wish you could fix my broken heart though.
8. Thank you, I've been watching all those, wow they're brill, that's why I sought your help, I'll keep watching, I can't see my physio face to face here in UK so it's not good, hope alls OK where you are
9. I bought mine just over a month, and it is amazing! I use it almost every day. Here is the review I shared on Amazon for more info on my positive experience: “The description may say, “mini,” but it packs a punch - in a good way! I researched massage guns for several months before purchasing this one. The price of others kept me away, but I am experiencing what I would have expected from the other massage guns that are priced several hundred dollars more. I use it almost daily on my legs, hips, hip flexor, feet, lower back, glutes, and/or shoulders. It does a great job relieving my muscle pain and soreness that I experience from working out and the pains of aging with arthritis. It has also been great for massaging scar tissue after my total hip replacement, hip flexor release, and back surgeries. I love that it is easy to use and light weight. I look forward to Bob and Brad videos on its usage. Thank you for a great product!!”
10. This video came at just the right time for me. Just tried techniques recommended & experienced significant relief!
11. Your videos have helped me with this issue and others. Thank you so much for your dedication and your humor. Keep up the good work.
12. Thanks bob and brad for the lifesaving advice. I’ve taken this time at home to rehabilitate myself and it’s all worked. Thank you both so much.
13. A lot of your basic advice has improve my quality of life by leaps and bounds. thank you for this resource 😭
14. Thanks guys my sciatica finally went away for good giving hope to everyone out there my dr said nerves take so much longer to heal than muscle so stay positive
15. You are right, you are the best two physical therapist I have ever met. I am going to go to you guys on Facebook. Thank you
16. Thanks for your continued support- especially now, when more people might be home and finding projects that needed attending to.
17. Thanks again guys! Sciatica for 2 years you guys have helped me a lot.❤️
18. Hi Bob & Brad! I'm watching your Utube videos & taking them all in. If I've got to I look back to see them again to help me. I've got a very bad back. So far doing the exercises before getting out of bed has helped. Thank you for taking your time showing us these great exercises! Take care!
19. You dudes are the BEST! WHO KNEW physical therapy could be so much fun!!!
20. I injured a groin muscle weeks ago and have been trying to get the issue worked out. I've watched numerous videos with tips but so far nothing has really giving me my range of motion back. I have a loop strap but didn't think of using it for this. Thank you so much for the updated video!
21. Thanks Bob and Brad, I've got a groin strain right now and have found this very educational. Love your intro song too. You guys are simply the best.
22. Timely! we’ve been walking daily for the last several months & are worried about having enough physical activity during the cold winter months. thanks!
23. That little bugger looks like it would come in handy! I’m doing my best to ward off the need for surgery but unfortunately I’m not doing a very good job of it on my own. I will say that, as a somewhat new subscriber, your videos have absolutely helped take my pain level down a notch. Thank you so much! You guys truly are the best. 💃🏼💃🏼🕺🏻
24. Have been one of your first 100 viewers and have shared your wonderfully educational segments to many.
25. Wow, you guys are on a roll! The algorithm is working since I'm seeing you daily now.
26. This is perfect timing! My hubby just turned to me and said my shoulder is killing me, and it is that dang tendon! Lol I have had to massage him for hours before just to give him a little relief. This is going to make his life way easier! Thanks Bob and Brad!
27. I just found this channel after suffering (and I do mean suffering) from what I think is a pinched nerve on my shoulder for the last 3 days, you guys have helped me so much at better understanding what a pinched nerve even is. I love the energy in every video!
28. Thank you so much for your videos, and this one really hits the nail on the head for me! This video explains things so much more, infinitely more, than my orthopedic dr did a couple weeks ago, and my current physical therapist did, because they didn't really explain it much at all! - which I am seeing right now for this very problem. My therapist did not give me your 2 exercises with the arm held up high - the hanging one & the statue of liberty; I might ask them about doing those when I go back in a couple days.
29. Hey from India. Thanks a lot... After 1 month suffering from rotator cuff injury. I got some relief. Thanks a lot both of you ..God bless you forever.
30. Thanks. I think that is my problem and all the information I have seen on your channel has helped.
31. You guys are wonderful. I love your channel. I find your information so helpful and you both so motivating. Thanks!
32. I always wish I could have had access to a PT whenever I needed, thank goodness you’re on YouTube.
33. I love your channel! Thank you. I suffer from RA, sciatica, old injuries 😔 and poor posture, naturally lol I've driven trucks and ridden/ trained horses most of my life I'm 47 now and I Hurt Alllll the Time! Low back, knees, ankles, feet, shoulders, wrists, hands etc.. so thank you for your short videos that are super helpful!!
34. I just found your channel and it's like a gift, I’m gonna watch every single video. Thank you a lot!
35. This is great for my clients. Easy to do and understandable.
36. God bless u both of u ... Like ur combination... U people r giving us more knowledge.. showing everything practically...keep going .
37. Thanks man this really helped me remove the pain from my biceps
38. Hey guys thanks for being my online free therapist God bless you guys with happiness and health.
39. Thank You for everything that you do, I’ve improved tremendously using the brochure that came with the wall anchor and your video.
40. Thanks, very helpful 💕. I remind myself every day to hydrate (for my entire adult life lol!!). Why do hydration levels and thirstiness not seem to correlate anyway??? 🤔🤔🤔 Thanks 🌸
41. Just wanted to let you know that I've been doing the pinched neck nerve stretches and boy are they great. It's only in my upper arm and shoulder now. So happy! Thank you!
42. Y’all are great, wanting to keep ppl healthy. Since retired 3 yrs ago, I drink less water! At work, water on my desk, I would just reach for it & drink out of habit. Now, I have to “think” about water & I’m doing better about it. I’ve noticed my skin & hair is dryer. So I’m making changes. Love your channel!
43. P.S. I love the way you two Professional Physical Therapists work together - with so few disparities - to "Bring your strengths" to The Table! TY, Bob & Brad. GOD bless.
44. “Air Squat Arama” is just what I needed as a reminder of proper alignment! Thanks so much!
45. Great stuff guys, I needed this today, your hitting one of my sore spots, (left shoulder going down my left arm) and I just stumbled on this video, by pure luck! Thank you!
46. Thank you for all these great tips! I’m learning so much from you wild and crazy guys how important posture is.
47. You guys are aWesome....😉 I work long shifts wearing heavy gear on my waist and over my shoulders. This exercise will help me a great deal. Thank you 😊
48. You both are angels 😇😇on Earth saving many people who are suffering with severe pain n hell👍❤️❤️❤️. Thank you so much!
49. I’m an adaptive yoga teacher. This movement will dovetail perfectly into my breath and posture work. Thanks!
50. Noticed my mum has bad posture, and I told her. She's nearly 73! I had bad posture until I took on your advice, its much better now. Thanks xxx
51. I needed this!! 20 years in the nursing profession has me all sorts of crippled at a young age. Thanks for all the great content!!
52. I’m adding this to my daily routine several times a day!! My father in law refused to do his pt exercises over the last 10-15 years and has had poor posture when sitting for so so long that now he can barely move, his center of gravity is so off because of his hunched over head and shoulders he’s a fall risk, it’s sad. I will be a Winner and do my W’s!!
53. You 2 are invaluable to our health. Great tips! & I like ur color-coordinated look today!
54. Thank you guys. I have lost a lot of weight by not going out and a good diet. I am now going nuts with this pandemic. I watched and wrote down your gluteal exercises last night and compared them with several others. I was up until 2 am. This "W" exercise is important to me to improve my posture and get back into shape when I can start hiking and canoeing with friends next year.
55. Thanks for the W stretch tip Bob & Brad. I did it this morning before a work WebEx and boy does that feel good! Then I used it as a greeting with my mother. It's the new "wave". I might start doing it with others as well!
56. You guys are a national treasure! Thank you for sharing yourselves and your ideas.
57. Discovered the channel yesterday night and binge-watched about 2 hours' worth of content. I've had back, neck, & shoulder issues for quite some time (for context, I'm 27 years old and 6'4"). I've used a few of the exercises (that I've learned from your channel) over the past 24 hours and I can already feel the difference. I plan on getting a foam wedge for my bed, some more pillows, a lumbar support pillow for my office chair, among a couple of other things to expand the number of exercises I can do and to improve my posture.
58. THE 2 MOST REAL PHYSICAL THERAPIST ON THE INTERNET! No gimmicks, smoke, fluff, nunna that.. their exercises and tips work.
59. I want to thank you for the shoulder exercises and incorporation of the “Boo-yah” stick. I asked my husband if he had anything in his shop that would work and he brought me a 5 ft piece of pvc pipe, about 1.5 inches in diameter. It’s perfect! ...and has helped my shoulders & neck tremendously! Recently spent a girl’s (old lady quilt retreat) weekend at a friends cabin, and didn’t take my 5 ft pvc pipe with me. While there I really missed the stretching & exercises you taught. On the second day a broom was left out in the kitchen so I tried it out, and it worked great! One of the gals asked me what I was doing, and the rest is history. The broom “boo-yah” stick became a neck & shoulder saver after hours and hours machine piecing quilt tops together. Thank you again! I wish you good things in return for all the good you share with the world! I love your style, and appreciate the information the two of you share in all your videos more than you know.
60. I just started PT for an impingement in my shoulder. Perfect timing!!! These look so easy and you guys, as always, make your videos so clear to understand. Can’t thank you enough. You have given me hope that this can heal. 😊
61. Thank you, thank you!! I've been getting shots in my shoulder for a bit, avoiding physical therapy during the pandemic, maybe now I can fix it myself instead. And you guys are adorable, BTW.
62. Thank you both♥️Hold my tension in neck, shoulder, spine. This helps with fibro also & couldn’t have come at better time, with these morning/evening temps beginning to dip down some. Every little thing helps❣️
63. Wow it’s really nice to be told the causes and why or how the exercises help. Thanks gents I am sold on your channel
64. You are amazing! My friend who is a physical therapist recommended your site. Getting older and feeling the wear and tear on my active body. Thanks.
65. I appreciate the time you took and made these videos. They are so very helpful. I am coming out a very painful frozen shoulder and these are the exercises that are helping me. I've watched your other video as well, but simply great timing that I found you both! I plan on continuing even after my pain dies down. Thank you again.
66. Thanks for the videos. I have RA and I am trying to keep some flexibility so your stretching exercises are great!
67. Always so freaking timely! It's bizarre how in synch your videos are to my body's needs!😳😍🙃
68. I am a physical therapy student, and your videos are very helpful and informative. Thankyou!
69. You guys really helped with my Achilles pain -- which I no longer have -- so, thanks. And thanks for this this one too...
70. I wish I could like this video twice. The similarity between shoulder and hip girdles can't be overstated. Evolution, using or reusing a pattern that works. Constant wonder and amazement, that :)
71. Thank you for teaching something new; that is really fascinating... feels really good the nerve floss
72. After reading all of the comments, I feel the need to apologize to you for the many nasty or impertinent comments by people I don’t even know. You two offer effective exercises that likely help thousands of people. Please continue. You are VERY appreciated!!
73. Love you guys. You both provided significant more information and exercises I could do after extensive ankle surgery while I was on non-weight bearing status than my orthopedic surgeon or anyone on his staff provided, even after I inquired multiple times. Thank you for covering so many pertinent topics.
74. This maneuver needs a new name because it sounds like something that would hurt like hell. But I’ll try it because Bob and Brad say it’s ok.
75. Thanks Bob & Brad great exercise It really works for me with sciatic pain👌😀
76. I plan on becoming a physical therapist and athletic trainer and coach, and this is one of the most informative and entertaining pieces of info I have gotten. This channel is phenomenal ♿ 💪💪
77. Thank you guys I just did your test and I don’t have rounded shoulders but did the exercises anyway and now I feel so much better. 😇
78. I like you guys. It’s not often you can get some easy to follow instructions and a little humor too!
79. 10/10 as usual! Another excellent routine to add to my exercise routine. Ps: you guys are not only the most famous physios on the internet but the BEST LOOKING also 😎😎
80. I’m bound for hip replacement in a year or two and the pandemic had stopped my pre rehab atm so this is really helpful! Thank you Bob and Brad!
81. I just can't thank you people enough. This is what I needed for the longest time, I've been having pain in lateral hip, lower back and the knee after I once landed from a height on my right leg.
82. Have been doing the side leg exercises for a few months but realized I've been swinging at the same time so this has made me aware and to stay straight. So thank you
83. You are amazing, your method help me to get back to health. Appreciate your help
84. You guys helped me recover from my stroke. I did your videotaped exercises in addition to my physical therapy visits. Both of you look great! Congrats on your weight loss!
85. So I tried this. Today is the last day of the 5th week. I went from 181 Lbs to 170.6 Lbs. YEA! I never really paid attention to the carbs content before. Your video was revealing. I exercised routinely but could not drop weight. I was like what the heck? Why am I not loosing weight? So the reality of carb reduction does work. Also, along with that I exercise moderately. Stretching, a little dumbbell workout, and I average about 4 miles per day walking and a little jogging too. I am 61 year old Male. So hopefully this will encourage someone to do it.
86. I love you guys. Since lockdown started (in Scotland) so far you've managed to help me to: identify then fix the pinched nerve in my shoulder; sort my posture which has got rid of other back pain I was experiencing for years; you've encouraged me to enjoy exercising regularly and now there's this really sound nutritional advice which will help me, my husband and kids. Also, as a result of all this I'm even sleeping better (chronic insomniac the whole of my life). You also cheer me up, whatever else is going on. Congrats on your weight loss and thank you ever so much for the work you do.
87. I’m glad you made a video about this because although it’s very basic, most people don’t know this and it’s sad!!! Thanks for teaching the basics guys 🤓👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
88. "I am what I yam ", you guys are hilarious and I've learn much especially for my herniated disc and sciatica on how to relieve the pain.
89. Watching your vids gives me my sanity back. I thank you gentlemen ☮️❤️😎
90. I have to admit - I thought your newer videos were older - you guys look 10 years younger too!!!!
91. These guys are honestly so helpful and their dry dad humor is hilarious, we must protect them!
92. Despite being a young adult, I cannot do push-ups. It feels like I’m straining every part of my body (back, shoulders, wrists). This video has completely changed the way I did push ups! I’ve been doing them that irritating way
93. Thank you! This is the hardest exercise for me with bad wrists. My trainer also gave me dumbbells to use to keep my wrists straight! Huge difference!
94.THANK YOU FOR ALL THE INFO YOU ALL GIVE I SUBSCRIBED SO I DONT MISS ANYTHING YAW SHARE ✌️✌️👏👏👏💯
95. You guys single handedly improved lives and way of living for the people's health in the world. Thank you!
96. I love you 2. Thanks for your ❤️, wisdom, & sense of humor. Keep on fighting the good fight.
97. The reason why you two are such nice, friendly, loving people is BECAUSE of your innocent, humble beginnings! Kindness, appreciation, a good work ethic, all of those things are why y'all are wonderful people who we rely on! Thanks to you both and your folks for raising 2 good boys who are so helpful to all of us!
98. I'm thankful for the two of you. You guys are the reason I can play the violin again. Your tips helped me fix my shoulder tendinosis. ❤❤❤
99. I love learning from you! And your both so likeable. I have piriformitis, snapping hip and post Laminectomy syndromes. Just watched you doing the stretch with leg hanging off table and secured by hooking onto unaffected leg! I can’t wait to try one right now! Thank you! Please don’t ever stop!
100. Just want you to know that as a 28 year old USMC veteran you have helped my tremendously in dealing with my disability on my income. You two goofballs make real quality videos and you seem like genuinely good human beings. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for doing what you do, it has made my life so much more livable.
Visit us on our other social media platforms:
For this week’s Giveaway visit: https://bobandbrad.com/giveaways
Bob and Brad’s Products:
Grip and Forearm Strengthener: https://store.bobandbrad.com 15% off with code BLOG15
Wall Anchor: https://store.bobandbrad.com 15% off with code BLOG15
Booyah Stik: https://store.bobandbrad.com 15% off with code BLOG15
Knee Glide: https://store.bobandbrad.com 15% off with code BLOG15
Fit Glide: https://store.bobandbrad.com 15% off with code BLOG15
Hanging Handles: https://amzn.to/2RXLVFF
Bob and Brad Resistance Bands Set: https://amzn.to/36uqnbr
Bob & Brad Amazon Store: https://amzn.to/2RTSLLh
Check out our shirts, mugs, bags and more in our Bob and Brad merchandise shop here: https://shop.spreadshirt.com/bob-brad
Check out other products Bob and Brad Love: https://www.amazon.com/shop/physicaltherapyvideo?listId=3581Z1XUVFAFY
Check out The Bob & Brad Crew on YouTube by clicking here: https://www.youtube.com/c/thebobbradcrew
Medical Disclaimer All information, content, and material of this website is for informational purposes only and are not intended to serve as a substitute for the consultation, diagnosis, and/or medical treatment of a qualified physician or healthcare provider.
Affiliate disclaimer: Keep in mind that we may receive commissions when you click our links and make purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We are highly selective in our products and try our best to keep things fair and balanced in order to help you make the best choice for you.